Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Things I want #1: Obey Uptown Messenger Bag

As a person who wears and likes clothes, I'm unfortunately prone to wanting things... a lot. And the first thing I want is the Uptown Messenger Bag from Obey. As a student with more important bills to pay, it would be foolish to impulsively buy it, especially because I don't exactly have money (a minor incidental) because I don't exactly have a real job (another incidental) but whatever. In one month I will have a real fake job, and I will suddenly believe that I have disposable income. And after food and other practical things this may be my first purchase!

Perks: The pattern is fantastic and Pendleton-esque. Apparently that's in... or was in... and that's slightly irrelevant but a perk nonetheless. It will go well with my olive green army(ish) jacket, as well as my huge navy parka, which is necessary for Minnesota winters. 
Drawbacks: I can't get it now. Not entirely sure how I feel about the white on the back, as it will probably turn blue from my jeans and brown from everything dirty in the world. Also, just from the picture I can tell I probably wouldn't ever buckle the straps because they're so thin. Maybe they would look good unclasped? 

I was surprised to find such a bright bag from Obey, as it doesn't seem like the most obvious stem from the whole propaganda motif, but I think it's great and in several months it will be mine! MUAHAHA.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog.

    If you like my blog, follow me and I'll follow you back. :)

    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete